July 22, 2008

Helsinki-Uluru chapter 4.

The moon and the story letter give rhythm for my journey. I wonder in middle of this beautiful world with my notebook and pen, keep my compass pointing to south and towards Uluru and I write some notes, nonsense and ideas for stories.
Once a month I go to a bigger city and hope to find cheaper Internet cafe. Then I type my letters and stories, develop some photos and look for place for photocopies. Usually from some little dusty street I find a shop with photocopy machine. With body language and smiling we find understanding how I want it to be copied, how many copies and for what price. Happily I listen sounds of the machine and watch sight of warm papers flying out from the machine. And almost every time the machine will get stuck. Then we clean, fix, wait and smile. No problem, there is no any rush, I have time..
Finally all the letters are in envelopes, get stamps from post office and I say goodbyes to the letters and wish them safe journey.

New story letter, Helsinki-Uluru chapter 4. is out soon! Letter will include photos, diary from my time in Peoples Republic China and legend from northern Laos called "Drums in the night" illustrated by Lars Kastilan.

Until this day the letter has been sended to Finland, Sweden, Germany, Belgium, China, Mexico and Australia.
-Order the story letter and join the group-

No comments: